Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Sometimes I feel like I missed Davy's first few weeks of life. Between combatting the initial pain from the C-section with the fever then going back to the hospital (we got out the day he was two weeks old) and dealing with the second surgery/Wound VAC, those first few weeks were nothing like I had ever planned or dreamed. I had pictured our little family snuggled up in bed, Robby and I just gazing at our beautiful little baby for long stretches of time. I imagined really being good about tummy time from the beginning...which is not really a huge loss, but still. I wanted to be able to focus on us, instead I was distracted by all the junk. Don't get me wrong, we still got to spend lots of time together, but we were separated for a lot of it. I couldn't get down on the floor or lay down flat in a bed. Robby couldn't get into the hospital bed if I had Davy with me there. I didn't get to give Davy his bath. With the Wound VAC acting as a sort of external umbilical cord, it was difficult for me to rock or walk with Davy when he needed soothing. I'm glad and grateful for what we had, but I miss those stolen moments and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment