Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Goal

So here I still am four weeks from starting this thing. Amazing. And I still have more things to write! New goal: Four more weeks. I really need to go to bed as I currently have a sleeping baby, but I just thought I would post a bit on how my last- Thank God it finally came!- post-op visit went. The doctor is pleased that it healed (I guess sometimes they don't?), but while he was palpating the area he came across a "knot." I have been feeling several of these little "knots" for weeks now and I knew exactly what they were from the very start of feeling them- sutures. I even had one sticking out of a tiny hole at the edge of my wound for a while (I managed to cut it with a nail scissor so that it finally stayed inside long enough for the skin to heal over it). I was going to ask how long it would take them to dissolve (I mean, really, it has been 10 weeks today). I didn't get a chance. After feeling the "knot" the doctor realized what he was feeling and said, "Oh, those are permanent." Fabulous. Fan-flipping-tastic. So. At this point I am wondering- and please, excuse my language- if I am screwed over. My options now are: 1) just give up the VBAC and have another C-section so they can take the sutures out then; 2) have the VBAC if I can find a doctor who will let me-I wonder if this will decrease my chances- and if it all works out, then have a surgery to remove the sutures OR live with the sutures for the rest of my life. More sarcastic words- Lovely, divine, so much fun. AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am SO fed up with this mess! Now, please note, I am so very glad that we have a happy healthy little Davy. But I just feel that all of this could have been avoided. I feel like we could have at least delayed the C-section after we got Davy's heart rate back up. I feel like we never should have started Pitocin in the first place. I wish we could have had a doula there with us to help speak for us, because when you are in labor- at least when I was in labor- it is next to impossible to speak up or even remember the decisions that you philosophically believe in and want to make. Ok, got to stop. Got to go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment