Monday, March 23, 2009

This time three months ago, this time a year ago

This time three months ago we were just getting to our post-partum room. Nurses were giving a jumble of instructions to Robby and me. I had just finished nursing Davy for the first time and was enjoying some face time with him. Davy and I had some private time-just the two of us- while Robby went and helped my dad get into the hospital and before the rest of our family came in. Now, I am typing this while Robby is taking his turn trying to get Davy to sleep. His schedule has been a bit off the past couple of days since our trip to Mobile this past weekend. We went down because yesterday was the first anniversary of the death of Robby's father. It's hard to remember exactly what we were experiencing at this exact moment one year ago. I know that about three days later was when we decided we were going to have Davy (well, at the time we didn't know it was Davy we were going to have- we just wanted to have a baby in general). It seems that a lifetime of events have passed in the blink of an eye. We've all heard that time heals all wounds. Ha-I can attest to the physical truth of that. I hope that Robby feels better tonight than he did a year ago. I hope that a year from now I will feel better about how Davy ended up arriving than I do tonight. Regardless of how that happened, though, I'm so glad he is here. Even if he has been restless the past three nights! He is the light of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment